Random Verse

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Attempting to be Courageous

In my up-teen years with an online presence, I've struggled with trying to find meaning. What can I offer the world that could make the ideas I have more inspiring, more thought provoking (more funny?). Fast forward to now, where I am happily married and have three wonderful children who bless my life with every breath they take. My wife, Krista, got me the book The Resolution for Men, based off of the movie, Courageous. All about being the man God's called us to be when we're fathers, when we're husbands, when we're awake, when we're sick, when we're scared, you get the idea. Needless to say this book has challenged and inspired me to be not just a better man, but a man that my wife and children will remember as a courageous man who stood for God.


So what does my desire to find meaning and my current life have to do with each other? You're reading it! I did a Google search and there was only one reputable "Christian Dad" blog and even he, on his front page had a quote that said "what is right for me might not be right for you." So my first act of bravery is to thoroughly debunk this humanistic and relativistic point of view.

So are all points of view equally valid? Of course not, it is not right for anyone to be a murderer or rapist, it is not right for anyone to be a liar, it is not right for anyone to purposefully cause division in a family, the list can keep going on what absolutely must not happen in society. Now, there are some things that could be relative, personal opinions are relative (that doesn't negate an absolute truth when present), which side of the road we drive on could be relative (culturally, please don't drive on the left side of the road in America!). These ideas are relative because God hasn't told us what to do or not to do when driving, because God left us things like 1 Peter 2:13-14 -- For the Lord’s sake, respect all human authority—whether the king as head of state, or the officials he has appointed. For the king has sent them to punish those who do wrong and to honor those who do right.

Fathers and husbands need to be constantly reminded that God has called them to be head of the household, loving their wives as Christ loved the church and not instigating strife among his children. This isn't relative, this is absolute, and through this blog I hope I am able to inspire more men into leading Godly lives that they can pass on to their children.

No comments:

Post a Comment